Monday, August 18, 2008

8/18/08

Change is an ephemeral thing. So ephemeral that is made me just type that absurd cliche. The reality of the world is that everything changes and people who are unable or unwilling to incorporate it into their plan are left by the wayside. I would imagine the road to Val Halla is littered with Nordic warriors whose skill sets became out-moded faster than their heroic destinies could adapt.
The Leadership class I was involved with offered a board game version of this change within educational institutions. In a bizarre twist on role modeling my group was quickly whisked into the world that had been created for us and by the end of the three hours we had barely noticed the passage of time. It is a testament to the game that this was possible.
I took from this a deeper understanding of the angst I had at times felt when certain affairs within the school were not occurring quite as I would like them too. It also led me to question the motives of my colleagues. As school begins again I sit back in my meetings and realize how certain people are following along, ignoring the speaker, or displaying signs of obstinance. It can bee over generalized but I see the lay of the land more clearly than perhspas I did five weeks ago.

No comments: